challah french toast
Baked entirely in the oven, challah french toast is a cinch to prepare for a crowd.
Ingredients (Serves 10)
- 2 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon dark-brown sugar
- 2 loaves challah bread, each cut into ten 1"-thick slices
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Generously butter two nonstick sheet pans. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- One by one, dip 10 slices of bread in egg mixture, turn to coat well on both sides and place on a sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then turn slices and bake for 8 more minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining 10 slices in the other pan.
- Serve with maple syrup.