brussels sprouts salad
A new twist on the brussels sprout salad—with toasted hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds.
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Juice 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Halve half the sprouts and place on a large baking sheet. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and roast for 10 - 15, or until slightly charred and al dente. If needed, use the broiler.
- Thinly slice the remaining sprouts and place in a large bowl. Like you would kale, “massage” the sprouts with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds and roasted sprouts to the bowl. Toss to combine with lemon juice and remaining tablespoons olive oil.