A bold citrus concoction with a refreshing touch of mint.
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 15 fresh mint sprigs, divided
- 4 cups strained fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 2½ cups bourbon
- 12 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 cup club soda
- garnishes: grapefruit, lemon, lime, ice
- Add water and sugar to a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add 5 fresh mint sprigs. Remove the saucepan from the heat and cool the syrup completely.
- Strain the syrup into a punch bowl. Add the juice, bourbon, and bitters.
- Mix in the soda and remaining 10 mint sprigs.
- Add ice to the bowl. Garnish with thin slices of grapefruit, lemon, and lime.