A simply scrumptious breakfast pastry.
Ingredients (Serves 27)
- 1 lb. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 to 6 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Cut the butter into little pieces, and rub into the flour with the tips of your fingers as quickly as you can.
- Sift in baking powder; combine.
- Add milk and mix lightly into a spongy dough.
- Knead very lightly to make the dough smooth, and roll out 1/2" to 1/4" thick.
- Cut out scones with a 2" cutter, and let stand for 10 minutes. Brush with egg or milk before placing onto a greased baking sheet. Bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, then let cool.