baked sweet potatoes with maple-pecan butter
The sweet potato glazed with a maple-pecan butter.
Ingredients (Serves 5)
- 10 small sweet potatoes
- 2 cups pecans
- 3/4 cup butter (1/2 sticks) at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet on the highest rack of the oven.
- Cook 50 minutes. Meanwhile put pecans in a good processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs, about 30 seconds.
- Add butter and maple syrup, and blend for 10 seconds until all ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and refrigerate until potatoes are ready.
- Server potatoes whole, with maple pecan butter alongside.