arugula and grapefruit salad
Citrus meets sweet in this light and refreshing salad.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 3 pink grapefruit
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 3 large handfuls arugula, rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into chunks
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Slice off the tops and bottoms of the grapefruit, then cut off the skin. Section fruit and remove membranes, working over a bowl to catch the juice. Add oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in bowl; whisk to combine.
- Toss the arugula with half of the dressing. Arrange arugula on plates, then top with grapefruit, avocado, and red onion. Spoon on the remaining dressing and serve.