apricot and pistachio galette
Apricot, toasted pistachios, and honey come together in this flaky treat.
- 1 package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 pint fresh apricots sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup chopped, toasted pistachios
- 3 tablespoons melted apricot jelly or jam for brushing on the bottom of the galette and the top while it bakes
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with a wire rack for the galette to sit on as it bakes so that the bottom of the galette gets crisp as it bakes.
- In a medium sized bowl, toss the apricots together with the lemon juice, sugar, and honey and set aside.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut into 4” by 4” squares. Brush the center of each puff pastry with a little of the melted apricot jelly or jam. Divide the apricots between each of the puff pastry squares. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and the pinch of salt. Pull up all sides of the pastries to create a free-form crust around the apricots.
- Spray the rack on the sheet tray with non-stick vegetable spray. Place each of the pastries on the rack-lined tray keeping them a few inches apart from one another. Brush the crust with the remaining melted apricot jelly or jam and bake in the oven until golden, puffed and crisp, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot or room temperature.