In our favorite 6 entryway ideas, function comes first!
photography by MELANIE ACEVEDO
1. Center of Attention Trippy, Art Deco–inspired wallpaper distracts the eye from the entry’s limited dimensions and makes a grand statement in a less-than-grand hall.
Wide Stripe Wallpaper – Black
Joonas - 13055
Pienet Kivet - 13061
Unikko - 13072
photography by PAUL COSTELLO
2. Divide And Conquer Cubbyholes like these–which once held mail and keys at a paris hotel–keep shoes in pairs, scarves, and mittens off the floor, and chaos at bay.
Astrid 3 Drawer + TV Organizer Dresser
Honor Book Cabinet
3. The Perfect Pair Not every apartment has a luxe foyer, but every home can have an entryway. A place to sit and a place to set things down are all you need.
Insect Dining Side Chair in Yellow
Dalma Lacquer Console Table
Tulip Dining Side Chair in Yellow
Recycled Pine Console
4. Out of the Closet Improvise a coatrack with some inventive repurposing: These French meat hooks (with the pointy ends filed down) are affixed to a plank of shiny mahogany.
Unicorn Wall Hook
Mortise Door Knob Hooks
Iron Coat Hook
photography by ANITA CALERO
5. In Good Light Sconces save precious table and floor space and introduce just the right amount of mystery and glamour to a neutral hallway.
Lafayatte Wall Sconce
Aspect Library Sconce
photography by JUSTIN BERNHAUT
6. Sit and See A rustic bench provides enough seating for a family to boot up and can also be a way station for bags. A rotating display of artwork is a sophisticated counterpoint.
LAX Dining Bench
photography by MAX KIM-BEE