Smith & Noble’s all-star team sweeps in to give the domino office a major makeover.
WINDOWS 101Blinds or drapes? Cafe curtains or roller shades? There are so many options available, which can make tackling the windows–in a home or an office–a major challenge. But worth every bit of effort. The right, beautiful treatments are just the boost a room of any size, big or small, needs. Follow along in our window installing journey.
The overized windows in our conference room (aka the busiest spot in the domino office).
Let's break it down:
Thumbs up to...loads of sunlight that the room gets all year long (we'll never complain about natural light!).
Thumbs down to...too much heat during the summer; uncontrollable drafts during the long New York winter months.
We knew we needed help to get the job done. In came Smith & Noble to guide us every step of the way.
A step-by-step process on how it worked:
1. explain the spaceIt begins with a phone call from a designer to get acquainted, confirm appointment, and learn details about the project.
2. browse the samples (the many, many samples)There are many fabrics to choose from (over 1,000!), which can be overwhelming. That's why it was helpful to rely on a designer to help match our needs, style, and budget.
3. talk about your wants, needs, challengesTalk it out. It's the easiest way to get the beautiful and functional results you want. Find design solutions that combine your ideas with the consultant's expertise.
4. make recommendationsShare the looks that resonate with you. Seek feedback and direction from your designer.
5. take measurementsYour professional will arrive at the arranged appointment time and will measure the windows in your home for free.
6. installed by the prosOnce all of the decisions have been made, a licensed professional will come to install your window treatments. Phew. Almost done.
the dramatic resultsNew window treatments can dramatically transform a room. Our conference room is, well, proof of that! We decided to go with layers: solar shades offered sun and heat control and controlled glare; flat roman fabric shades for the over treatment that provided additional light control. As for the design, we chose a chic stripe in classic gray, which will always feel fresh and never go out of style.
Every Smith & Noble window treatment conforms strictly to today’s safety standards, including permanent tie-down devices and built-in cord stops.