Death + Company's Tyson Buhler shares his spirited adaptation of this classic holiday concoction.
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 ounce heavy cream
- 1 ounce whole milk
- 1/2 ounce Demerara syrup
- 3/4 ounce Rainwater Madeira
- 1/2 ounce Pierre Ferrand Ambre
- 1/2 ounce Smith & Cross
- 1 ounce Old Grand Dad 114 proof
- 2 dashes of Dale's Pimento
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker, add ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a small glass and garnish with grated nutmeg.
- To Age: Multiply ingredients by the amount of servings desired.
- Mix the egg yolks and syrup until completely incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and thoroughly stir to create a uniform consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a sanitized glass bottle. Seal, date, and store anywhere from 3 weeks to 24 months.