|Is your home well-stocked and ready for a little entertaining?|
|1. Purge assorted extra plates and get one matched set (pretty but not necessarily pricey), which will stack well and please your eye on the shelf or the table.
2. For small items, such as napkin rings and s&p shakers, try tiered-shelving units designed for spice jars.
3. Set glasses on a lazy susan—two-tiered if there’s room. It’s a great use of deep, out-of-reach cupboard space.
4. Keep a few ironed linen napkins in a tray. They’ll elevate an impromptu table (or a cracker basket).
5. Store votives in their holders so they’re ready to go, and set a pretty box of matches beside them.
6. If you have silver, stash a polishing cloth in your cabinet to shine up serving pieces in seconds.
7. Save space and add style by storing swizzle sticks in a favorite creamer, toothpicks in a smart shot glass.
8. Install an upright rack to house various sizes of trays and platters (serving trays, and serving platters).
9. Splurge on an elegant caviar chiller or tea set (or whatever accessory your heart longs for), and keep it poised for action.
10. Put a purely decorative item in the party pantry—e.g., a crystal paperweight on top of a stack of paper napkins—to add instant character to a table.